Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to the Leisure Study!

Press play before reading:


I don't know how you got here, but welcome to The Leisure Study.  A community where anything goes, The Leisure Study wants to be the online equivalent of a party you'd never want to leave.   A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.  A place where your enjoyment is the only thing that matters. I'm not focusing on specific topics because, frankly, it's boring. Anything goes, as long as you have an opinion.  I can't do it alone though, so it's going to take effort from you. It could be pictures, stories, questions, comments, concerns,  or emails about topics that interest you or piss you off, because that's who it's all about - you as a contributor to the study.  Kind of like what Arnold was talking about in "Pumping Iron", the more you put in, the more you get out (or some cliche like that.  The dude lifted weights for a living, so let's not over-analyze.  Plus I never saw the movie, I just know it was one of Schwarzenegger's proudest proclamations). The anonymity about the internet drives some people crazy, because in blogs or webpages it leads to people getting offended about what others post.  But isn't that the beauty of it as well?  If you're too embarrassed to ask a question or too scared to voice something for fear of personal judgment, can't you use the internet to discuss what's in Pandora's Box?  You want to sound off?  Send me an email at TheLeisureStudy@gmail.com and I'll honor it.  I'm not advocating living life in anonymity, because I'm putting myself out there.  I'm interested in how people think and interact, whether they're comfortable doing it as themselves or through an alias.  So let's let the insanity begin, shall we? School's in session.

1 comment: