Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day to All


Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I laughed a lot.  I give all the credit to my friends, many of whom were in town for the weekend.  They're a great reminder that solid friendship is priceless.

I'm talking about those people who like you for you, plain and simple, and vice versa.  The people that you want to get in touch with when you have free time and who call you (not text or email, but call) when they have a moment as well.  With all the technology out there helping us to communicate, it's a shame people seem to be getting worse at it.

On a related note, I watched The Social Network this weekend, and can't get over how some people can go through life without genuine human interaction.  Of course I'd love to be a billionaire, who wouldn't? But, I truly don't value money more than my close friends, because no amount of scratch can substitute for the fun I've had with them.  What good is something if you can't share it?

You're out with your friends, loving life, doing whatever it is you do.  There's a moment somewhere in the night where you don't say anything, but you just look around and think, "This is awesome".  Then you catch one of your friends in the same moment, with the same look, probably thinking the same thing.  And you just grin at each other and nod.  You can't buy that.

I want to wish a very Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends.  Thanks for the laughs and good times, and here's to many more!

Cheers.

feel free to share this with your friends/valentines to let them know you're thinking of 'em

No comments:

Post a Comment