Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Carrying Cash: A Dying Artform?

I see too many people paying for small purchases with debit/credit cards.  What the hell happened to cash?  I'm not talking about walking around with the Nicky Barnes bankroll above, but at the very least maybe a $20 bill and a few smaller ones of your choosing.  Wouldn't your coffee stop be quicker in the morning if people weren't signing receipts every 30 seconds?  I had to wait 5 minutes in a "10 items or less" grocery checkout the other day because a lady was writing a check for $36 bucks and change! I wouldn't have minded the debit card option at that point. Hey lady, 1991 called, you've had 20 years to get with the times:


And while I'm on the subject, another place that doesn't want you charging small orders: BARS.  I'm not talking about starting a tab, because I'm a huge advocate of that.  I'm addressing those people that buy less than four drinks and hand over the plastic per round.  Ironically, these are the same people that take out an abacus to figure out the tip and rip the receipt when they're filling it out because they put it down on a wet bar.  Makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  The only people who are worse are those who order their drinks together, then pay for them separately.  Have a little class next time you go out and buy a round.  I mean, if these people are your friends or your hanging out with them after work, you shouldn't nickle and dime.  Now hit the ATM and sing this to yourself:


Thoughts? Get the conversation rolling in the comment section.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWrrDTgzRo on the subject of bars...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. Big Stuff... who do you think you are?????

    ReplyDelete