Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moment of Truth :: Gang Starr :: Truthful Tuesday


Lyrics might NBSFW

I'm not the biggest rap/hip-hop fan, but Gang Starr was a group that always struck a chord with me.  I felt something truthful in the lyrics/delivery that the average "flashy" hip-hop (i.e. cash, cars, & clubs) couldn't capture.  I'll never "wave a roley in the sky," but I can relate with almost everything in "Moment of Truth". I think everyone can, no matter their musical taste.  That's the mark of an artistic genius.

Other facts:  Legendary Boston Rapper Keith Elam aka "Guru" died of cancer Monday April 19,2010. He was 48 years old.  He left behind a wonderful musical legacy with his group Gang Starr as well as his solo career with the Jazzmatazz albums.  Known as "The King Of Monotone," his no nonsense delivery was one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment