Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Madness Breakdown!

"Just like Eazy-E told me, East to West College Girls are Easy, BABY!"

My college degenerative gambling/bender asshole friend basketball consultant is out of town. By now, your bracket is probably filled out.  But you've read everything and haven't gotten my two cents, so maybe I'll confuse you.  You want stats, check out Ken Pomeroy's Website. Dude is a freak.  

I have three Number One Seeds in the Final Four:  Ohio State, Duke, and Pittsburgh.  And one Number three seed, Purdue.  Here's why:

Ohio State has Jared Sullinger.  He's an NBA-ready center. I don't care if he's super-young, you can't duplicate/defend-against him.  They also have shooters to surround him and have been near the top of the rankings all-year. 

Duke won last year. And they didn't lose anybody.  They have a Hall of Fame Coach Mike Krzyzewski. They had the best point guard in the country, Kyrie Irving, for the beginning of the season before an injury. Rumors say he could be back for the Tourney! If so, look out. Could be Back-to-Back for the hated Blue Devils.

Pittsburgh was near the top of the charts all year, was the best team in the best conference (Big East), and are solid all around.  I don't care about the bracket, I don't care about the school history, this team has gone toe-to-toe with the best and proven night-in and night-out that they're title contenders [I just used 4 hyphens within 2 cliches in 1 sentence for those scoring at home].

Purdue, as a 3-seed.  I like Kansas, but I can't have four Number-1 seeds in my Final Four and Kansas, while great, has a history of choking.  Forget the previous paragraph and my ignorance with Pittsburgh.  I had Louisville in it, but Rick Pitino's bad karma (having sex...for 22-seconds, with a mistress, at a Chiles restaurant, after hours.) jinxed them. Purdue lost one of their best shooters, Robbie Hummel, to a knee-injury this past off-season. Good Karma, good program.

Championship Game: Ohio State vs. Pittsburgh

Winner:  Pittsburgh [total score/tie-breaker: 135 total pts.] because Ohio State beat my alma mater, Miami, in the 2002 National College Football Championship on a BULLSHIT pass interference call and I hate Ohio State.  I can't support them winning any titles.  Fuck Jim Tressel too. He's a litte sweater-vest wearing worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment