Monday, July 25, 2011

Entourage :: Season 8 Premiere

"It all Begins and Ends with your Friends- Season 8"

Lame.  The first word that came to mind when the credits rolled at the end of the show last night.  

Season 8 throws us into the middle of turmoil everywhere. E & Sloan are done, Turtle hints at dumping Alex when she gets home from the Avion Tour, Sober Vince actually reminded me that Adrian Grenier is a shitty actor, and Ari finds out that Ms. Ari is 'seeing someone'.  Even Drama's standard one-liners seemed forced last night. 

The Ari storyline might actually be the most compelling. So much so that one of my buddies remarked, "I can't believe I feel bad for Ari, especially 'cause he's such a prick."  Yes, I watch Entourage with a group of friends every Sunday.

The worst part of last night was definitely the Vince "getting out of rehab" scene.  I don't care how famous an actor is, there aren't going to be frat houses of guys outside cheering and no one would be holding up 'winning' signs.  Actually, the most believable part might have been the girl running next to the Escalade flashing the crew. 

I like the dynamic between Scott, E, and their new business. Scott Caan actually had the best lines last night, possessing the quick delivery and sarcastic bite that made the first two seasons so good.

One of the tag lines for the show was, "maybe you can have it all".  Last night's vibe was more "maybe you can lose it all".  Either way, I don't know if I want to be a part of this new Entourage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment