Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chill Out, Lance!

I get it. You want to stay in shape. You want to experience the outdoors in a new light or maybe your doctor suggested it. The summer is a great time for it, that's cool.

But if you're going to be an asshole about riding your bike, stay the fuck out of my way. They have trails, they have bike paths, and they have roads without traffic. Use them! I'm sick of swerving around you because you think "share the road" means you can ride in 3-wide packs. Wouldn't riding in-line help you with "drafting" as well?  Act like you know what you're doing.

I'm not hating on bike-riding. I loved it when I was 10 years old. I never wore skin tight outifts like I was in stage 5 through the Alps.  "It's technical wear," you say?  Fine, but you look like an idiot. I'm pretty sure you could walk into a mini-mart in any sporting apparel/uniform and not get a second look, except if you're wearing your "cycling" get-up. P.s. the pad on your ass that protects your prostate looks like a deuce in your shorts.

Speaking of which, why do you want to participate in something that puts your junk at risk?

Bitch all you want about the "share the road" tomfoolery, but remember that you adhere to the same rules as cars. So stop swaying all over the place on busy roads, don't bomb through intersections, and stay in a line instead of taking up the entire lane in a pack. There isn't any dude on a motorcycle filming you. YOU'RE NOT SPONSORED.

3 comments:

  1. Dana looks sexy in his bike outfit lol

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golfers are hardly in a position to bitch about other athletes' self-righteousness or (especially) choices of apparel. Oh wait, did I just imply that golfers are athletes? Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've clearly never hit a ball. Otherwise such foolishness would never be posted. You probably got cut from every varsity team too, forcing you to excel at lacross, swimming, maybe you even started a quidditch league. The best part is I'd beat your ass for 18 holes, then crush you in a bike race.

    And I'd look fuckin great doing it.

    ReplyDelete