Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Thoughts

Fall in New England is unpredictable. 65-degrees and gorgeous one day, 38-degrees with 40mph winds the next. That isn't hyperbole either, it actually happened last week. Some of the good:
Taken w/ my iPhone! That's how nice it was outside.




all pictures © by Sean Fitzpatrick

During the bad, I've been getting a good amount of use of out this cable sweater from LEC. It's warm, it gets compliments from girls, and my buddy, under the influence, told me it made me I look like a wrestler (which I think means it flatters the shoulders). Here's a close-up of it:


These rag-wool gloves are a nice compliment too. The leather palm is a nice touch and the price makes them good for a gift. When worn with the sweater after 2am, aforementioned friend says you look like Hollow Man. I can't make this up. 
Grass is always greener in my yard :)

And no Fall day would complete without a good drink. Here is one I came up with a few weeks ago that I think will get a good amount of you in the mood. Introducing Fitzy's Special Cider:
  • 5.5 oz of Apple-Infused Vodka 
  • 1.5 oz of Spiced Rum
  • 3 oz of Ginger Beer
Mix all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with Ice. Stir vigorously.
Don't shake unless you want to end up wearing it. Build up a good frost on outside of shaker. 
Strain over ice into a cocktail (aka Martini) glass. 
Garnish with a fresh orange slice.

It's a nice alternative to the Manhattan and Old-Fashioned this time of year and taste like Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment