Thursday, June 30, 2011

Larry Legend

I just have to focus on the positive since the Red Sox have lost 2 straight to the Phillies and suck in interleague play right now.  I just have to keep telling myself, "Boston's been to 9 championships in 9 years, we've won 7. Everything is going to be ok..." Good thing The Boston Sports Museum held the 10th Annual The Tradition so we could revel in our sports dominance. This was one of Larry's quotes after the ceremony.
"I travel around and people always ask me about Boston sports and what I tell them is, they expect you to play hard, they expect you to play together, they'll support you if you show them that you care...and there's nothing like being a sports fan in Boston...New York always talks the talk ,but they don't have the championships to back it up. Boston is the greatest sports town in America, maybe the world...so it's a special place if you're a sports fan. They give you the support if you give them the effort."
-Larry Bird at "The Tradition", June 29, 2011 

I'll remember The Legend owning the best ending to a shooting contest ever [:21 mark]



Straight Baller. Sometimes you gotta throw up the #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment