Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do You.

I read most every morning. Couple clicks on some newspapers, culturally relevant websites, some other blogs, sportscenter on tv, and sometimes some music in the background to really satisfy the A.D.D.  I've noticed that more and more media outlets are trying to teach people how to stand out, how to be an individual, how to be you.  Are they fuckin serious?  The idea that individuality can be taught is ridiculous.  Here's a start:  Do what you like. Do what you feel. Do what makes you happy.  Only when you are happy yourself can you start making those around you happy.
Want to be an individual? Just follow us!

I'm not saying life is all puppy dogs, unicorns, and rainbows, but you've got to try to live it with a smile and have an idea of what makes you feel you're best. Think about how you felt during a favorite moment.  Why did you feel that way? What made it special? More importantly, what can you do to bring that feeling to the forefront of your life all the time? 

Learning about new things, through whatever preferred medium, is a key to figuring oneself out.  Life is a process constantly teaching you lessons, if you're cognizant. But, the moment you start following a guide, manual, or list, your individuality is compromised.  Taking pieces of something to analyze is healthy, taking it all without question is ignorant. 

I try to give examples in this blog, but I hope I never come off as authoritative, because I believe everybody needs to find their own self.  That's what makes life interesting. I am proud of who I am, but I want to hang out with people who are different because they're stimulating. People who know who they are, what they like, what makes them tick, are the best.  People who are doing their best to figure it out are pretty great too.

So what do you bring to the table?

No comments:

Post a Comment