Friday, October 19, 2012

Football Friday: Separation Sunday

Last Week: 2-0
Season: 3-3-1

That great Ric Flair once said, "Woo! I'm Back..."

That's how I feel after last Sunday and Monday nights. Sure I played two games, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Rodgers and Manning got me feeling like a phoenix, rising from those early-season ashes. Let's keep it rolling. 

The weirdest line of the week is the Saints (-2.5) giving points, on the road, to their division-rival [Bucs]. I love the Bucs in that game, but wouldn't put my money near it because of the scandalous line. The Saints defense is atrocious, but the Bucs secondary is equally bad (31st in the league). 

Trust me as a Patriots fan: watching a shitty secondary squander your offense's (i.e. stellar quarterbacking) effort sucks. Never mind putting your money behind it. 

Using what I've learned the past seven weeks, I had to find a good quarterback and defense with a favorable line/situation. Ravens @ Texans (-6.5). Matt Schaub, the two-headed backfield of Foster and Tate, and a formidable defense (even without MLB Brian Cushing) at home are a solid play. 

Add to the aforementioned that the vaunted Ravens defense is in shambles without Ray Lewis, [CB] Ladarius Webb, and a banged-up Haloti Ngata, there are holes in every layer of that defense. The Texans have the talent to exploit all of them in front of their home crowd. 

And most importantly:

Look at the team's record Against the Spread (ATS). Good luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment