Friday, September 9, 2011

Mr. Rager Official Music Video :: Kid Cudi

I love all kinds of music. If you see my twitter  , you know I could be watching Phish live online one night, preview the new Jay-Z/Kanye later, listen to the Strokes in my car, watch a documentary on Bob Dylan, and go to sleep listening to Miles Davis. Music is more rewarding the more you invest in it. I saw this video yesterday and thought, "This is music video. This, aesthetically, keeps my attention for 5-plus minutes and has a big-budget, dramatic feel to it. It has choreography, allbeit simple & generic. The endings are predictable, but it's a music video in the new millennium, so I let that slide. The leather jacket reminds me of 'Thiller' with the patch-work. Kid is killin' that!"

I listened to this song a lot this summer because I thought the tick-tock beat was sick. Turns out the video might be just as good. Who would've thought in 2011? Watch it on full screen.


Turns out Tom Brady Came out with a new video too: an ad for Uggs. I'm ashamed of this and I don't even know the guy. But, although I am a huge fan, I have to take off my New England hat and call this what it really is; fuckin atrocious! I like the decision for Mos Def for background music, but that's where it ends. You want me to believe that Tom runs around California all day in different Uggs? It's disgusting. And the weird looks towards the camera make me think Tom watched Zoolander before they started recording. When you're the MVP of the league the previous year you get some leeway, but you need to get on the super bowl ship again to star in ads like this. At least there wasn't a goat involved this time.


Have a great weekend! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment