Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Moment

The last month of my life has been fucking crazy. I won't tax you with the details because it's unfair to the people involved and I don't want any blog to read "Whoa is me. My luck sucks. Wahhhh." because it doesn't.

If it did, I'd have no one to blame but myself. I made the decisions to get here. But to steal a line from Lemony Snicket, there have been a series of unfortunate events.

I couldn't be happier about it.

Every moment gives me a perspective. It could be a new one, it could confirm what I already believed to be true. Whatever the perspective achieved, the moment is something that can never be taken away from me.

And I can use these moments, these perspectives, however I choose. They've become more valuable to me than any material possession, because they help me to become a better person. Whether it is perceived as positive or negative, I will use it to be better myself in the future.

There is no such thing as wasted experience unless you forget about it.

My favorite moment?
The next one.

-S. Tobin Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment